Incubating duck eggs!!!/ hatch along for any bird

Im prolly being a worried first time mom but is their bottoms look a lil puffy and swollen? And she isnt walking yet

Last edited:
Hi I have 8 khaki campbell eggs in the incubator they're due date is tomorrow. 7\8 have pipped but not much has happened since. They began to pip yesterday afternoon but the humidity dropped I've added more water to increase the humidity. Should I be worried? Should I intervene? Some seem to have cracked the shell but stopped..
Any advice will be greatfully received.

Hi I have 8 khaki campbell eggs in the incubator they're due date is tomorrow. 7\8 have pipped but not much has happened since. They began to pip yesterday afternoon but the humidity dropped I've added more water to increase the humidity. Should I be worried? Should I intervene? Some seem to have cracked the shell but stopped..
Any advice will be greatfully received.
I wouldn't intervene till 48 hours give or take. Humidity around 65%? Turner off? Open the lid as LITTLE as possible. Only when necessary is best. What incubator are you using?

Thanks everyone for their help! Im proud to have this lil girl fallowing me around and giving me something else to do!

I had 4 little duckies hatch last night with no problems. Total cuteness. Had a bunch of chicks hatch with them too. Pardon the splash back on the brooder, didn't have time to do a full scrubdown between hatches just replaced the bedding .I had a lot of duckies in there before I moved them outside and they loved to splash in their water dish.

Last edited:
I wouldn't intervene till 48 hours give or take. Humidity around 65%? Turner off? Open the lid as LITTLE as possible. Only when necessary is best. What incubator are you using?

Thank you for your reply. We waited it out, unfortunately we lost 2, 1 that was nearly fully out by themself we then gave some help to a few others.
This is Our first hatch day 1 hatch (am I'm sure this sounds silly) but they all seemed to really struggle getting out of their shells, I've seen chicks hatch before but these duck eggs seemed really hard and the membrane was strong and fabric like in texture even with water on them. Is this normal or something we did? Like could the humidity have been wrong? Or should I have misted them more?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom