Incubating eggs for the first time, very nervous

StepfordCuckoos

Songster
Mar 20, 2019
So coming on Monday (or maybe Tuesday) we are getting 12-14 eggs and will be incubating all but 5. Five of them are going under a broody chicken. We have never incubated eggs before and have only hatched through our hens. We purchased the 'farm innovators pro series circulated air incubator with automatic egg turner 4250'. I've watched a few videos but everyone seems knowledgeable as though they've hatched eggs in an incubator before. Do you have any suggestions / video suggestions? I am very excited for these eggs and don't want to mess them up.

Calibrate the temperature and humidity controls. Also, its normal for eggs to zip for hours. Make sure you measure the temperature in several spots in your incubator, its normal for there to be cooler and warmer areas.

Get your incubator up and running. So you have plenty of time to make adjustments. To get it holding proper temp and humidity. Remember that humidity is determined by how much water surface there is. Not by depth of water. When I used that type of incubator. I found that a 60 ml syringe with a spout. Made refilling the water reservoir through the automatic turner. Much easier. That was quite awhile ago. They may have changed the design by now.

Our eggs are set to arrive Tuesday (probably early Tuesday) and I have the incubator on now to get it ready. Should I turn it off and wait until tomorrow?

Let it run. Depending on the incubator. Letting water sit in them while they are not running. Can harm the electronics. The most that can happen letting it run. Is you will have to refill the water reservoir. Good luck and happy hatching.
Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom