Incubating eggs need tips

Jul 18, 2021
I have an incubater that holds 41 eggs with an auto egg turner I posted pics pf it....but my questions r these
I have Indian runner ducks and standard chickens...I plan to incubate both kinds of eggs but but not in same incubater of course I have 2 identical incubaters can someone tell me how to do duck eggs bc I know they r different than chicken eggs when it comes to incubation

For example...do duck eggs require misting with a spritz bottle of Luke warm water every day.....if so when do I start and for how long

Second...is the temp and humidity same for duck eggs as for chicken eggs..if not what temps and humidity levels do I need

Third...do I need to do a lock down for duck eggs where I d not let them turn...if so is it 3 days to hatch like chickens..and if so do I lock them down on day 4 or day 3....bc my incubTer is an auto egg turner with a digital everythingnelse..and the days countdown from for example with chickens day 21 is the starting point if that makes any sense...

Also is it safe to mark eggs with a sharpie...or should I use a crayon to number the eggs bc my kids have each selected their own 3 eggs each and want them labeled so they know when their personal du k egg is hatching

Attachments

• 20230206_135846.jpg
    20230206_135846.jpg
    741.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230206_135905.jpg
    20230206_135905.jpg
    812.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230206_135910.jpg
    20230206_135910.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I have this kind of incubator, and a little giant. I dry hatch in my little giant, (first 18 days) then lock down (add water) to my Farm Innovator.
I would not dry hatch with ducks, but i would not incubate chicken and duck eggs together, they do need different humidity. Ducks I would keep the troughs full.

I have this kind of incubator, and a little giant. I dry hatch in my little giant, (first 18 days) then lock down (add water) to my Farm Innovator.
I would not dry hatch with ducks, but i would not incubate chicken and duck eggs together, they do need different humidity. Ducks I would keep the troughs full.
Yeah I got a second of these incubaters..I am stocking with duck eggs

Back
Top Bottom