incubating eggs question with 27days

sasglm

Songster
7 Years
Sep 12, 2014
Central North Carolina
Hello, i have 2 peahens and one male all 3yo this summer.
both hens laid last year and i pulled about 10 eggs out of the pen between the 2 of them.
i put them in a auto incubator that i've hatched several dozen chicken eggs successfully.
last year none of the eggs hatched. afterward we cracked them open to see what happened.
it looked like about half had gotten about 20 days then died. Some had feet and feather starting others not quite as much.

This year, i took the egg, mostly the day it was laid and started incubating, the first egg of the season hatched a very healthy chick on Monday. But since then nothing.
I've got 3 eggs now that are past 28days and a forth that is 28days today. I candled them and i can see the air sack at the top(large end).

any ideas what might be going on? i don't candle them any other time.
thanks
gary

how do folks handle egg that are incubating over several weeks? i don't want to leave egg to hatch in the egg turner. should i just remove the eggs at day 23-24? and put them under a light box at 100deg?
When i hatched chicken eggs they all went in together and i took them off the turner at 18days and just left them in the incubator to all hatch in 1-2 days

Back
Top Bottom