Incubating eggs

ash11

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2012
PA
Hello everyone! I just ordered fertile hatching eggs on Monday. This will be my first time incubating and hatching eggs. This is my first year owning chickens. My kids and I love it so we are going to try to hatch some. We are very excited! I can't wait til they get here! In the mean time, I have been looking up anything I can about incubating/hatching. If anyone has any advise for us...please don't hesitate!
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif

Hello everyone! I just ordered fertile hatching eggs on Monday. This will be my first time incubating and hatching eggs. This is my first year owning chickens. My kids and I love it so we are going to try to hatch some. We are very excited! I can't wait til they get here! In the mean time, I have been looking up anything I can about incubating/hatching. If anyone has any advise for us...please don't hesitate!
celebrate.gif
jumpy.gif
BEST of luck on your hatch - keep on searching...there are TONS of threads on here about hatching, and quadzillions of seasoned hatchers, too! It's great fun to make friends via hatching!!

Thank you. I've been taking notes! Can't wait for the eggs to get here!

Congratz on joining the hatching club. But I should warn you. Start building coops and brooders now,it is contagious. See Incubators Anonymous. My hubby bought me a cheap incubator to hatch out a few eggs thinking it was a one time deal. I now own 5 cheap incubators. One to incubate and 4 to hatch. I can have staggered hatches and just keep sticking eggs in. I can't stop! help....

Anyways. The first time is so exciting and nerve wracking. Join one of the many hatch threads. Start your own. Have fun. It is worth the money just in entertainment value.

Thank you! I have a feeling that this will not be a one time thing with me either lol! I'm driving my husband crazy by constantly wanting to buy more chickens or chicken supplies! I'm getting so impatient I feel like a kid at Christmas!

So I am a little upset about my eggs. I ordered them Nov 6, and there have been some delays which I talked to the lady about and everything was ok. Then she told me she would ship them on this past Monday and send me the tracking info. That was fine, except she didn't actually ship them til Tuesday. That meant that I would have had them yesterday...but I didn't. I looked online and found that UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays. My husband says they do and they will be here today, but I'm pretty sure they don't. So now after the eggs sat for Thanksgiving now they are going to sit all weekend too now it's snowing. This is frustrating because I've never hatched eggs before so I know I'm not going to have a great hatch, but won't all of this sitting make my odds even worse? I don't even know if I should even bother incubating them when they finally get here. I figure by that time they won't even be any good.

I wouldnt give up just yet.z During Christmas season all the times they do ship on Saturdays if it's UPS But yes more delays will possibly bring down your hatch amount. but somethings better than nothing
I wouldn't blame the lady too much often the post office doesn't have the date they actuallyl arrives at the post office but when they processed it
good luck

Thank you! I ended up getting them Saturday night....now I'm going to visit the candling threads cause this is more confusing than I thought it would be lol!

Back
Top Bottom