incubating first season eggs

samrae

In the Brooder
Jul 11, 2021
My chickens started laying about 1 month ago. I want to expand my flock, so how long should i wait before incubating these homegrown eggs? I've heard them termed 'first season eggs'.

Thanks for your advice !

I've hatched eggs after week 2 of new layers. I'm impatient :lau I selected the most normal looking eggs and had a decent hatch (60ish%). Those babies did fine and are now in my flock laying their own eggs.

I've hatched eggs after week 2 of new layers. I'm impatient :lau I selected the most normal looking eggs and had a decent hatch (60ish%). Those babies did fine and are now in my flock laying their own eggs.
YAY!!! I'm not the only one ! I don't say impatient, i consider myself uber curious. However, on this occasion, i need to curb the curiosity so as not to cause undue harm and/or undue disappointment.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

YAY!!! I'm not the only one ! I don't say impatient, i consider myself uber curious. However, on this occasion, i need to curb the curiosity so as not to cause undue harm and/or undue disappointment.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
My experience has been that it is more important for the egg to come from a bird with good nutrition and incubated with the right temps and humidity. I've experienced issues when I switched my birds to incomplete feed regimens and incubated too wet but never from early eggs.

Back
Top Bottom