Incubating Goose Eggs

sowens824

Chirping
May 6, 2017
Harrisville WV
Hi I just received 2 goose eggs today and have placed them in the incubator dated them and etc. My question is when do I start turning them my mother in law will be helping me as we are planning to hatch them together. They are a mix the father is an African goose and the mother is Toulouse. Thank you for any tips

Hi I just received 2 goose eggs today and have placed them in the incubator dated them and etc. My question is when do I start turning them my mother in law will be helping me as we are planning to hatch them together. They are a mix the father is an African goose and the mother is Toulouse. Thank you for any tips
Hello and welcome to BYC! You will need to turn them starting on day 2 through until lockdown. It's easier if you you put an x on one side and an o on the other so you know you have turned them. You have to turn the eggs 3, 5, or 7 times a da. most people turn 3 times a day 180*. It is recommended that you turn an odd number of times a day so that the egg is in the opposite side at night than it was the last night. hope this helps!

Thank you so much my mother in law has great experience in hatching chicken eggs this both our first time with goose eggs. I have actually marked one end with a blue dot and the other with red

Thank you so much my mother in law has great experience in hatching chicken eggs this both our first time with goose eggs. I have actually marked one end with a blue dot and the other with red
Your welcome! Are you turning them end to end or side to side? You should be turning side to side.

I remarked the eggs on the side so now I will know if I turned them correctly I'm really excited for this journey and am only on day one!

Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more about your new adventure in goose parenting
celebrate.gif

We have that part down solidly my mother in law is constantly checking the humidity on her chicken eggs and has already started with the goose eggs

Back
Top Bottom