1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubating Guinea Fowl ?

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by jeffkerle65, Dec 28, 2015.

1. jeffkerle65

jeffkerle65 Chillin' With My Peeps

A friend has given me 18 Guinea Fowl egg to try & hatch. Do you do the same as
    you do with chickens or is there something different. I never incubated them before
    so I have no idea. I set them on the 12/27/15. Can anyone give me any pointers
    on how to go about it. Thanx.

2. R2elk

R2elk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Natrona County, Wyoming
    99.5°F at approximately 30-40% humidity day 1 through day 25. Reduce temp by one degree for lockdown and raise humidity to 60-65%.

I lockdown on evening of day 25. Eggs can be locked down as early as day 24 and can hatch from day 26 thru 28.

These numbers are for a forced air incubator. If using a still air incubator, raise temps to 100.5°F - 101°F measured at the top of the eggs.

If you do a search there is lots of information already on the forum. Raising Guinea Fowl 101 has a lot of good information, pay particular attention to posts made by PeepsCa.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/312682/raising-guinea-fowl-101

3. jeffkerle65

jeffkerle65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanx R2elk for your help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by