Incubating, need some help!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
Hi I am getting some duck eggs of ebay and they should come at the end of the month. I need some help with info and such on incubation. If anyone has any info for me PLEASE! Let me know. I want as much info as possibile.

Such as.....
How long does it take for khaki campbell duck eggs to hatch?
How high should the temp be?
How high should the humidity be?
What is the hatch rate of shipped eggs?
Why shouldn't I help them hatch?
How do you keep humidity?
When do you start lock down?
How high should the temp/humidity be at lock down?
How long do you leave them in after hatching?

As you can see I am VERY! Lost please help me!

Quote:
here's what I do:
Ducks (not muscovy):

days: 28
lockdown: day 25
temps: 99.3 - 99.6 F for forced air..
humidity: 45 to 55% ... lockdown 65+% (I drop temp to 97 and raise humidity to 70%)

I always help an egg hatch if it needs it..BUT it's not something a newbie should do without some guidance because it's very easy to kill the chick if you have no idea what you are doing

Use a calibrated hygrometer to monitor humidity.. to raise humidity beyond what the channels in your incubator will allow (I am assuming yours has some of some sort) add wet sponges or wet cloths (wet papertowels works as well)

with a high humidity they may not dry on their own in the bator.. so I usually pull chicks after every third one.. so basically it depends on how many eggs you have that make it to lockdown and the type of bator you are using

for hatch rates on shipped eggs:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=551235

with shipped eggs you just never know.. some people have excellent hatches.. some not so much.. a lot depends on how kind the postal service is to the package.. funny thing is you can get eggs from one seller one month and they can hatch great.. get more eggs from that same seller a month later and have a bad hatch.. so it's kinda like the lottery..

Back
Top Bottom