Incubating peafowl

I will be hatching my first pea eggs in a few months.... probably 6-12 eggs in a brinsea advanced 20.... so I need to do anything special for them? I will be picking them up

I ended up purchasing a Brinsea Octogon 20 Eco. Thanks for everyone's input. I have 2 pr of pea's but only one pair is old enough to breed. Do adult peacocks fight like roosters if kept together at breeding age?

I use my Hovabator. It works for me and have had many many hatches from it
wink.png
Remember pea eggs need to be laid on the side not pointy side down

With chicken eggs above
I use a hovabator also! I don't have a fancy egg holder turner whatever thingy. I just lay mine on the mesh and turn them at least 4-5 times a day. To me the more times you turn the better. Last year I hatched out I think all the eggs I put in there...I got a second hovabator because I started incubating some eggs and then got some more later so when the first eggs were ready for lockdown I would move them to the other incubator. The only problem I have had is the chicks not being able to dry off in the incubator. Some people I think leave them in there to dry? You can't do that in the hovabator because it is so humid that they won't dry, but the humidity is good so that the egg doesn't dry out. My main method for hatching now will be peahens. XD

Back
Top Bottom