Incubating Refrigerated Eggs

Pine Acres Peeps

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2009
Citronelle, Alabama
Hi!!

It Can be done!!
I bought some fresh Buff Orpington Eggs and sadly the man we got them from only had like 20. My husband got 30 eggs from him to eat that had already been in the frig for a few days, then they stayed in our frig for a couple more. When I found out I wouldn't be able to get anymore from him, as they were going to incubate some to, I waited until my husband went to sleep and stuck all his eggs in my incubator, HEHEHE (evil laugh here).
lau.gif

And to my delight all but 3 of the frigerated ones hatched nice big healthy Buff Orps. 1 of the fresh ones did not hatch, although it's only 2 days late so they are still in the bator for now.
At this time I would like to give full credit to my new best friend,
my G.Q.F. 1202,
bow.gif

This was my first hatch with it and I think we are soul mates
love.gif

I got in our classifieds at a steal!

The moral of this story is steal your husband's breakfast it just might hatch!!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

yuckyuck.gif
I did the same thing with some eggs from our Farmer's Market. I "stole" four eggs because I just couldn't wait for my hatching eggs to get here - and I thought I could get some practice candling as well. I just did't think anything would develop becuase they had been in the fridge for a few weeks already. Well, they are at the halfway point and all four are doing well. I'm betting that they hatch as well as the shipped eggs I got that are a week behind them. Best of luck with your new baby orps - I don't know what will come out of mine!
pop.gif
jumpy.gif

Cool, good luck with yours to.
You should have seen his face when he went to cook an egg sandwich.
lau.gif

I told him I did him a favor after they hatched, I told him if you had eaten them you'd be a baby killer!!
gig.gif

He was not amused.
hu.gif

Let him get some more eggs! I'll do it again!!

Back
Top Bottom