Incubating shipped sebastopol geese eggs

Nancyomystic

In the Brooder
Feb 20, 2024
I let my eggs set at room temperature for 2 days before placing them in the incubator. I’m wondering when do,I start rotating my eggs. Also when do I start the cool down/ misting. This is my first time with Sebastopol eggs. Thanks for any help

How do the air sacs look? If they look okay, then I'd just start turning now. I start misting my duck eggs on day 10, and I don't think geese eggs would be too different.

I let my eggs set at room temperature for 2 days before placing them in the incubator. I’m wondering when do,I start rotating my eggs. Also when do I start the cool down/ misting. This is my first time with Sebastopol eggs. Thanks for any help
I kind of journaled my hatch on here on another thread, it was my first time with goose eggs and they are Sebastopol, I’m on day 28 with 3/3 alive still. I started weighing on day 7 same time I started cooling and misting and stopped cooling and misting on day 26 and weighing helped me so much during the hatch I did it everyday after cooling before I misted everyday when their weight went down a little it encouraged me that they were still developing. I kept my humidity low since research showed that curly feathers on these geese actually make it harder for these birds to hold humidity so I was trying to replicate the bird, so I did dryer incubation but put a little water in the reservoir at night to replicate it getting wetter/dewey at night So like 25% humidity daytime and 35-40% night. I’m no expert by far but that’s just kind of my two cents.

I turn eggs 3x daily for the three weeks. I usually start misting after 2 weeks. Then at 3 weeks, I switch to 2x daily with an extended cooling period and mist eggs when done cooling. At 28 days I stop turning eggs and position so that the dipped air cell is facing up and lock-down.

Okay, this might be a stupid question here… when you guys cool and mist your eggs, do you physically take them out of the incubator or just take the top of the incubator off?

Back
Top Bottom