Looks like your doing good. as they get older they do make there own heat so Im sure your doing good. Mama goose will leave her nest for longer times latter in the hatch. They will be hard to candle soon. mine are presently filling about 1/3 of the egg but next week will begin to fill it so wouldn't be able to see much. Looking forward to seeing your goslings. Mine hatch around day 31 so my hatch date should be around the 11th. But could come earlier. They are small eggs from a first year hen who still has a bit of white chinese in her genetics.
That is so good to know my incubator is tiny and couldn’t fit more that 4 goose eggs I think and the last three days for whatever reason my incubator it set to 99.5 but the thermometer I have in there has been reading 98.4 on average I think now the chicks are bigger it’s impacting my incubators ability to get over 99 degrees. When I keep it wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket it gets to 99 degrees, o saw another post where someone was like just close the vent hole a little more and then I was like oh duh lol

That is so good to know my incubator is tiny and couldn’t fit more that 4 goose eggs I think and the last three days for whatever reason my incubator it set to 99.5 but the thermometer I have in there has been reading 98.4 on average I think now the chicks are bigger it’s impacting my incubators ability to get over 99 degrees. When I keep it wrapped up in a fuzzy blanket it gets to 99 degrees, o saw another post where someone was like just close the vent hole a little more and then I was like oh duh lol
At this point you don't want to block vent holes there starting to expel gasses C20 and need oxygen. What type of incubator are you using?

At this point you don't want to block vent holes there starting to expel gasses C20 and need oxygen. What type of incubator are you using?
Kebonix from amazon it has been decent for the price so far I did get my temp back up to 99 degrees, for whatever reason that day was having a hard time. Two of the three have a very nice dipped AirCell and have lost 10% of their weight so they've hit my minimum weight loss goal at day 25. The largest weight egg is behind and needs to lose 2 more grams to hit 10% and the aircell isn't really dipped yet. I've started up a second smaller incubator for this egg. I may end up removing it from the bigger incubator Sunday, since it will probably be later to hatch and if the air cell is smaller has higher chance of needing intervention.

Kebonix from amazon it has been decent for the price so far I did get my temp back up to 99 degrees, for whatever reason that day was having a hard time. Two of the three have a very nice dipped AirCell and have lost 10% of their weight so they've hit my minimum weight loss goal at day 25. The largest weight egg is behind and needs to lose 2 more grams to hit 10% and the aircell isn't really dipped yet. I've started up a second smaller incubator for this egg. I may end up removing it from the bigger incubator Sunday, since it will probably be later to hatch and if the air cell is smaller has higher chance of needing intervention.
Your air cell will drop when they turn all of a sudden it will look huge. Your doing great. Im excited to see your baby's. The larger one may hatch a day latter just because of its size. When I used my table top I just used a hot sopping wet bath towel draped over the incubator to sneak the hatched baby out. Things you can do to up humidity during hatch is put hot water in your reservoir when humidity drops. But 98 is a good temp for lock down. Goose hatches normally take 2 days from start to finish. When I set eggs I set my larger eggs 12 hours earlier than my small ones. I ship day olds and need to have them all hatch as close together as I can.

Your air cell will drop when they turn all of a sudden it will look huge. You’re doing great. Im excited to see your baby's. The larger one may hatch a day latter just because of its size. When I used my table top I just used a hot sopping wet bath towel draped over the incubator to sneak the hatched baby out. Things you can do to up humidity during hatch is put hot water in your reservoir when humidity drops. But 98 is a good temp for lock down. Goose hatches normally take 2 days from start to finish. When I set eggs I set my larger eggs 12 hours earlier than my small ones. I ship day olds and need to have them all hatch as close together as I cay

Your air cell will drop when they turn all of a sudden it will look huge. Your doing great. Im excited to see your baby's. The larger one may hatch a day latter just because of its size. When I used my table top I just used a hot sopping wet bath towel draped over the incubator to sneak the hatched baby out. Things you can do to up humidity during hatch is put hot water in your reservoir when humidity drops. But 98 is a good temp for lock down. Goose hatches normally take 2 days from start to finish. When I set eggs I set my larger eggs 12 hours earlier than my small ones. I ship day olds and need to have them all hatch as close together as I can.
You’re about right I woke up the next morning and the large egg caught up nicely and has a nice air cell now. They went into lockdown tonight (day 26), I can see them all three wiggling around in the shadow when I cancel and I can visibly see the eggs rocking in the incubator. I wasn’t planning to lockdown until day 27 but I just don’t see a reason to turn them anymore, and they’ve all achieved 12-13% weight loss so I’m not worried about upping the humidity to 40-60%, when I see an external pip I think I’ll try to get the humidity to stay between 60-80%

You’re about right I woke up the next morning and the large egg caught up nicely and has a nice air cell now. They went into lockdown tonight (day 26), I can see them all three wiggling around in the shadow when I cancel and I can visibly see the eggs rocking in the incubator. I wasn’t planning to lockdown until day 27 but I just don’t see a reason to turn them anymore, and they’ve all achieved 12-13% weight loss so I’m not worried about upping the humidity to 40-60%, when I see an external pip I think I’ll try to get the humidity to stay between 60-80%
YAY!!!! Its the most fun part of the hatch. Talking to them and having them respond with a wiggle or chirp. Dont be in a hurry once you here the chirp you know the internally piped. That can go on for 24 hours sometimes more before they pip. then another 12 to 24 hours before the zip. Even with my heavyweight I stop turning on day 24 I lock down day 25-26 to give them plenty of time to get in position. mine take a average of 31-32 days to hatch.

YAY!!!! Its the most fun part of the hatch. Talking to them and having them respond with a wiggle or chirp. Dont be in a hurry once you here the chirp you know the internally piped. That can go on for 24 hours sometimes more before they pip. then another 12 to 24 hours before the zip. Even with my heavyweight I stop turning on day 24 I lock down day 25-26 to give them plenty of time to get in position. mine take an average of 31-32 days to hatch.
I know yay! I’m so obsessed my kids aren’t even as interested as I am haha I went on YouTube and put gosling chirping sounds on and the eggs went crazy! I’m so ready to see that external pip. Day 27 almost over, I’m generally pretty patient but now im pretty excited I know once I see that external pip I’ll settle down lol. I have helped sheep give birth, I have baby pigs on the way, and had baby chickens last year but this is the most excited I’ve been for a baby animal by far. Lol

My goose Dandelion laid her first egg of the year Saturday, so I'm going to leave her eggs to get her broody and then buy her some fertile eggs. I have lambs on the way they are due soon! Good luck with your goslings!

My goose Dandelion laid her first egg of the year Saturday, so I'm going to leave her eggs to get her broody and then buy her some fertile eggs. I have lambs on the way they are due soon! Good luck with your goslings!
The lady I got my eggs from is selling more Sebastopol fertile eggs in Sacramento on Craigslist $30 an egg and I’m sure she’ll ship for an additional fee. She gave me 3 and all 3 alive day 28. She had a really nice set up. She had the biggest ostriches too I’ve ever seen she sells fertile ostrich eggs too. Her sebbies were pretty too she had greys mixed in so I don’t expect them all to be super pure white.

I'm in ireland so they wouldn't ship to here but I found a seller for sebastopol eggs not that expensive so I might try them once she's broody, she has never went broody before but I've always taken her eggs.

Back
Top Bottom