Incubating small guinea hen eggs

jen1

Chirping
10 Years
Mar 10, 2013
Has anyone incubated the first eggs of the season? I have 9 seven month old rare colored guineas. So far, I have 40+ eggs but they are all small. Don't know if I should try and incubate them. I believe some must be fertilized based on observation. I assume the eggs will get bigger as the birds age I just want to start incubating if I can. Anyone have any thoughts???

Has anyone incubated the first eggs of the season? I have 9 seven month old rare colored guineas. So far, I have 40+ eggs but they are all small. Don't know if I should try and incubate them. I believe some must be fertilized based on observation. I assume the eggs will get bigger as the birds age I just want to start incubating if I can. Anyone have any thoughts???

Even big guinea eggs are only about the size of bantam eggs. They will never get really big. Put them in the incubator if you want. They should hatch in 26 to 28 days.

Good luck.

I think I will. I just remember reading not to incubate small or odd shaped eggs. They are definitely small compared to a normal guinea egg. Just wanted to avoid any possible issues with hatching due to the small egg. Thanks for the response.

Back
Top Bottom