incubating

Rosalinda

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
I am a classroom teacher w an incubator. I am getting ready to put eggs in the incubator and I was wondering how long I can wait once the eggs are layed to putting them in the incubator? Will they be safe in room temperature for a day or so?

Hi
Most people say up to 7 days is fine some people say you can go longer , If you want a better hatch rate Id say get them in the bator by day seven just to be on the safe side.
I put 14 eggs in when there were 8 days old and so far I can see that 12 are defently developeing and the other two are a maybe so thats not bad for 8 day old eggs .

I kept mine in the cellar for a few days, I have read can keep them up to 10 days but the sooner the better. Also read to keep between 45F and 60F. Store with the big end up and tilt the egg carton a few times a day (put block or something under one side then move it from one side to the other 1-5 times per day)
Good Luck!

You "can" wait 6 days according to a book that I'm reading.
but at least wait 12 hours after the egg is layed before putting them into the incubator. the book says that the embryo goes dorment o give the hen time to lay a full nest of eggs.
I love that book! it's really a life saver
lol.png
cool.png

L*A*G* :

You "can" wait 6 days according to a book that I'm reading.
but at least wait 12 hours after the egg is layed before putting them into the incubator. the book says that the embryo goes dorment o give the hen time to lay a full nest of eggs.
I love that book! it's really a life saver
lol.png
cool.png

And which book is it!​

Back
Top Bottom