1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubation day 22 :-/

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Lisa-b69, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Lisa-b69

Lisa-b69 New Egg

Oct 13, 2012
    I have one polish chicken egg on day 22 of incubation :rolleyes: .... I can see it moving inside but how long do I leave it before its too late? :(

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Leave it be a for a few more days. While ever you can see it moving thats a good thing. Don't open your incubator now. Just sit back and wait.

3. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    Hi Lisa-b69! Yes it is very tempting to leave your eggs alone, but leave it for 3 more days, then you should probabaly step in! I would just take the shell off without touching the membrane. If it starts to bleed wipe the blood off and wait an hour. Then go back at it. Wiggling is veeeery good!!!!!!!!!! If it is peeping even better! Thanks and I really hope this helps! CHUCKTHECHICK

4. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    yea, we are at 21 days today, sunday the first one hatched and we still got 3 eggs waiting. so were gonna wait it out :)

5. Lisa-b69

Lisa-b69 New Egg

Oct 13, 2012
    Thanks for your advice guys ;) I shall be my most patient and sit back and wait another 2 or 3 days!!! :rolleyes: fingers crossed :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by