INCUBATION HUMIDITY LEVEL TOO HIGH

KEarthman

Songster
Oct 27, 2020
Hi!
We are on day 5 of a dry incubation of BCM. The humidity has increased to 42. Best way to lower humidity? Have opened the vent...

I have found that my best hatches come from the humidity being 40-45% the whole way through at 99.5 degrees. I have tried every other method and this is the one that works best; if I were you I wouldn't change the humidity. 😊

Is this with dry hatch method?
It's not dry hatching because dry hatching humidity levels are really low around 15-30% the first 18 days and then the percentage gets raised to 60-65% during lockdown. I had researched and even asked people here what worked best for them and it was the 40-45% range so I tried it and my hatch rates went from 10-20% to 90%. I have had great success with this method. With dry hatching people said with such low humidity it's easy for the chick to drown and you don't want it too high either as it can be too much for the chick. Also keeping too low or high may cause problems for the chick. Ultimately the decision is up to you and what you think is best. 😊

Back
Top Bottom