Incubation problem. Only duck eggs.

PlatteRiverPs

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 16, 2013
First off let me say..Chicks, turkeys and geese are hatching well. Even the runner ducks. Temps and humidity are good. This is in a QGF 1502

Seems my problems are with call ducks. They develop and then just quit. Hoping someone can offer some advice, I'm getting frustrated. This is what happens almost every time.

IMG_20140604_135604_778.jpg

Any guesses? Bacteria? Old eggs? Is it possible for my incubator to be turning them too much?

Last edited:
Call ducks are notoriously hard to hatch and often need assistance due to their short necks and bills. What is the humidity in your incubator at hatch?

I can bump it up to 50-60% easy. My problem is they don't make to hatch or even pip internally. I have no problem helping them but I can't get one that far. They all seem to quit after the 2nd week sometime and they all look like the photo above.

I just hatched 8/10 runner ducks so I know my temp and humidity are good. I just don't get it.

Thank you, but I've read through those and a ton of other pages.

Maybe I will email her. One of the first things I thought of was the eggs standing up. I cut some egg trays and set one batch laying down. You know, I almost think they are getting turned too much. I believe the 1502s turn every hour or two.

First off let me say..Chicks, turkeys and geese are hatching well. Even the runner ducks. Temps and humidity are good. This is in a QGF 1502

Seems my problems are with call ducks. They develop and then just quit. Hoping someone can offer some advice, I'm getting frustrated. This is what happens almost every time.

IMG_20140604_135604_778.jpg

Any guesses? Bacteria? Old eggs? Is it possible for my incubator to be turning them too much?

I see a LOT OF GOOY STUFF.

I can bump it up to 50-60% easy. My problem is they don't make to hatch or even pip internally. I have no problem helping them but I can't get one that far. They all seem to quit after the 2nd week sometime and they all look like the photo above.

I just hatched 8/10 runner ducks so I know my temp and humidity are good. I just don't get it.

They are SUfficating.

Back
Top Bottom