Incubator calibration - HELP! I've got 41 eggs on stand by!!!

kuchchicks

Songster
8 Years
Apr 8, 2015
So I just posted on here that I had a great hatch (70%) with my Hova Bator 1588 on Sunday. Temp was rock solid and read the same as two other thermometers. I had it literally unplugged for cleaning for 2 days. So I plugged it back in today and the temp is off by 1.5*. I have no idea why all of a sudden it would be off that much. I know there was another thread on here about people also having this issue. I am hoping this is something that I can fix by calibrating it. HOWEVER! I am reading the directions to calibrate it and I cannot get the temp to change. I get to step 3, unplug it, hold down both up/down buttons, plug back in for 8 secs, and then release the button. Then it says +2. The directions say that it should say SET TEMP and I am supposed to hit the up button 1.5*. Has anyone done this that can walk me through it? I have 41 eggs that are ready to be set now. PLEASE HELP!

Never mind... I got it figured out... BUT I will say now I am concerned that it lost that 1.5*. :/

Ok, thought I had it but I don't. I was able to get it to "Set Temp +1*" which is what I need. But the temp is not going up. Do I need to get out of the set mode for the temp to increase?

OK, I got it this time. If anyone else is having trouble with their Hova Bator 1588 message me.

Back
Top Bottom