INCUBATOR CHICKS JANOEL 12 INCUBATOR

chicken lady 555

In the Brooder
May 22, 2021
Hi! Hope you are all well!
My chicken left her 19 day old eggs and wouldn't not go back on. One has started pipping! I have a Janoel 12 incubator and have put them in there. The temperature on my thermometer is around 36.5 and on the incubator it is 37.5. So around 1 degree too low.

Any advice on how to do the CA calibration, would I set it to -1 or + 1?

What temperature & humidity is best for 19/20 day old chicks that have started pipping?

Also will the hen possibly accept the chick after or should I use my brooder?

thank you all in advance

Hi temperature should be 99.5 in the humidity right now because this is considered lockdown should be between 65 -70.

Thank you so much for both of your replies. One of the thermometers says 36 the other 36.5. Both humidities are the same. The incubator is at 38, do you think I should up to 38.5/39 to get to atleast 37 degrees on the thermometers?

thank you all

If both your thermometers are leaning toward 36 I think it would be safe to up it but just go super slow. I had an incubator that was super touchy once and it would really jump the temp with the slightest adjustment.

Yeah I've gone up a little to 35.8 and both thermometers now around 37, would the hatch be okay at 36.5/37 or would it need to be at 37.5 for them to pip and hatch?

As long as your close to 99F which you are hovering around at 37C, I think it would be good enough. I always worry about going to high. If you think you can touch it a little closer, it doesn't hurt to try but I think you would be ok. They will still hatch. You're at the end of the incubation and I really don't think a point something off would make much difference now.

Hi! Hope you are all well!
My chicken left her 19 day old eggs and wouldn't not go back on. One has started pipping! I have a Janoel 12 incubator and have put them in there. The temperature on my thermometer is around 36.5 and on the incubator it is 37.5. So around 1 degree too low.

Any advice on how to do the CA calibration, would I set it to -1 or + 1?

What temperature & humidity is best for 19/20 day old chicks that have started pipping?

Also will the hen possibly accept the chick after or should I use my brooder?

thank you all in advance
CA cal is easy.. get a glass thermom inside incubator.
see the real temp.
your incubator may be off .. eg - inside 38.0 / incub 37.0
CA +1.0 hit set.
hit set to set temp (38.0)
display should read 38.0

your basically fudging display to show true temp.
think mine is +0.7
another is +0.1
both janoel 24 units.

Back
Top Bottom