Incubator construction project - Herpstat arrived!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wsmoak, Nov 4, 2011.

1. wsmoak

wsmoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Last month we received a gift of Omaha Steak products. Of course I saw that big white styrofoam cooler and thought... INCUBATOR!!!

After doing a bit of research, I decided not to mess around with waterbed thermometers, etc., and ordered a Herpstat with grounded cords, which arrived today. I'm slowly gathering the rest of the stuff -- I already have a little fan, and an egg turner is on the way. Next up is some sort of light fixture, and then I think we'll be able to begin construction.

I'm studying the pictures on the incubator page for ideas: https://www.backyardchickens.com/chicken-coop-incubator.html . (I love some of the cabinet style incubators there, eventually I'd like to build one of those.)

-Wendy

2. jlynn

jlynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2011
    Hart MI
    Have Fun. I Love to invent.

Built one out of a microwave. My boys had gotten it last christmas, had it three months, it was struck durring a storm and no longer worked. It was a good thing we were able to have it replaced for free. And what Luck, [​IMG] they let me keep the damaged one. . So WALA [​IMG] it is know my incubator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by