Incubator cooler ideas

wynn4578

Songster
Apr 6, 2015
Oklahoma
Hello everyone. I built a quick cabinet style incubator a few years ago and to my surprise it worked exceptionally well. Since then I've built version 2 and version 3. The latest version controls humidity by using a water tank and a pond mister. The thing all all have in common though is in the summer when temps get up in the high 90s they will over temp. This has left me with several months of prime hatching time that I can't utilize. These are very large incubators so putting them in my house is not an option. I was thinking about building a system much like the old water coolers and pulling from the existing tank. So basically a fan that pulls air through a damp filter to help cool the incubator when it's in danger of over temp. All that being said you guys always have the best ideas and I was curious what your thoughts/ ideas were. How would you build an incubator cooler if it were you?

Screenshot_2017-05-18-20-24-34.png
My DIY incubators are small enough to keep indoors so I don't have to worry about Cooling. If I was going to install cooling on incubator I would use a peltier cooler controlled by a stc-1000 temp controller because it has two relays to control both heat and Cooling. This type of cooling unit requires 12 volts DC I would use a cheap battery charger for that here's a picture of one requiring 6 amps I would run the battery charger through the temp controller so that it Cycles on and off and did not have to run all the time[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
Qianson Thermoelectric Peltier Refrigeration Cooling System Cooler Fan TEC1-12706 DIY Air Conditioner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1S15UK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9MKhzbVB397EC

View attachment 551792 My DIY incubators are small enough to keep indoors so I don't have to worry about Cooling. If I was going to install cooling on incubator I would use a peltier cooler controlled by a stc-1000 temp controller because it has two relays to control both heat and Cooling. This type of cooling unit requires 12 volts DC I would use a cheap battery charger for that here's a picture of one requiring 6 amps I would run the battery charger through the temp controller so that it Cycles on and off and did not have to run all the time[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
Qianson Thermoelectric Peltier Refrigeration Cooling System Cooler Fan TEC1-12706 DIY Air Conditioner https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J1S15UK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9MKhzbVB397EC

This is perfect. I've thought about peltier for cooling and heating but I haven't worked with them much so I've always avoided them. I currently use controllers that control heat and humidity from eBay/amazon that work pretty good but my next build I'm thinking about going to arduino because I would be able to control everything from 1 controller for the incubator the hatchet and the egg storage unit. This is a cool find thanks for looking this up!

I'm currently building an incubator for someone else but the next one for is for me so hopefully in the next few weeks I'll begin gathering parts.

Back
Top Bottom