Incubator Day Counter

SmithsCoop41

Chirping
Sep 29, 2023
Hey y'all! Quick question: Does an incubator roll to the next day with the day counter, if you unplug the incubator and then plug it right back up?

The reason I ask, is because I put my eggs in the incubator later in the evening on November 12th. So I just counted the 13th as day one, beings they were set in incubator late on the 12th. So that would make the lockdown date this Thursday (30th). I had to unplug my incubator the other day to move to a more out-of-the-way spot. So, not thinking about the counter, I unplugged it, moved it to where I needed it, and then plugged it right back up. The incubator probably wasn't even off for like maybe 30 seconds. Well, when it came back on, it was still on the day number that it was on before I unplugged it, so I'm thinking whooo! Okay that's good it didn't reset the day counter. Well, today the counter is on day 18, when I came back to work and looked at my calendar to check when my lockdown day should be, it should be Thursday, not today. I'm wondering if maybe the day counter messed up somehow....

My other question is: Will locking the incubator down today matter that much, since its only a difference of 2 days????

Back
Top Bottom