incubator fan

sooo... I have a hovabator ...

I dont have the fan....

I was thinking... I do have a little fan that came with my inflatable snowman...

Im talking about the ones that looks like this:  http://0.tqn.com/d/landscaping/1/0/w/M/inflatable_snowman_w_top_ha.jpg
Soo... Do you guys think I could just place this little fan inside my hovabator and will work fine for my little ones?

thanks a lot =)

I am familiar with these fans. they are a bit to powerful for a bator. us a comp fan and a DC converter that puts out 9 volts and not the 12volts the fan says. running 9 volts lowers the speed just a lil to a much better speed.

but, how can I make it work inside my hovabator?
those ones have to be installed inside a computer...

hahaha... im soooo lucky...
I was looking out in my storage and found my last pc's fan...
And i kept looking and found a rechargable battery from my last remote control car...
I plugged the battery and charged it for 10 mins, and tried it with the fan .. and IT did woork!!
hahahaha... what a luck!
the battery is 9.6 volt....
will that be ok??? =D

hahaha... im soooo lucky...

I was looking out in my storage and found my last pc's fan...

And i kept looking and found a rechargable battery from my last remote control car...

I plugged the battery and charged it for 10 mins, and tried it with the fan .. and IT did woork!!

hahahaha... what a luck!

the battery is 9.6 volt....

will that be ok??? =D

unfortunately no that wont work. the fan will have to run 24/7. running a battery will require recharging, witch means the fan isn't running at that time. witch means the temp in the bator will change to dangerous levels. still air and forced air require two different temps. when the battery dies, you'd have to adjust the temp to still air range then when your battery is charged you would have to readjust the temp to forced air range. all that adjusting will make it impossible to stabilize the temp. running a battery isn't worth that headache and the risk of ruining a good batch of eggs. if you want to run a fan, do it correctly with a DC converter. you probably have a dozen DC converters around your house you aren't using. just in case you don't know what that is, it is the power cord with the black plastic box that plugs into the wall. the correct one will say on it (input 110 volts AC, output 9 volts DC) I'd bet the charger for the battery you used has the correct DC converter. any more questions just ask.

wow...
Well I just tried just what you say and it does work...
The fan does works...
It just doesnt says anything about the volt..
is it safe?

wow...

Well I just tried just what you say and it does work...

The fan does works...

It just doesnt says anything about the volt..

is it safe?

it should say it either on the front or back of the converter. but I think you'll be fine. its safe. its low voltage. just tape or wire nut the connections. put the fan in your bator attached to the underside of the lid. the fan needs to have a gap of about a half inch from the lid. the fan needs to blow up not straight down on the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom