Incubator from old freezer

well yes mine runs at 20% too which was my problem as my eggs need roughly 50% to incubate. 20% ey? Make sure you candle the air cells if you go that low then. Getting it up to 70% at the end might be tricky but you are right you have a whole lower level to add water pans, mine is a lot more cramped.

Just one piece of advice. Most humidity meters only go down to 20% so it might be as low as 5% in your freezer. I would aim for 30% as that is generally considered a dry run...

Last edited:
ive dry hatched them at 20% with a still air and added a sponge or two for more humidity at day 18 to get the 70-75%. i think having a small fan to move air is helping also, this keeps away any hot spots in the incubator. i have a 1-1.5 degree difference in the top to the bottom of my incubator.

Still doing great.. update coming Thursday. Day 10 for some gamefowl eggs. Im gonna candle and post pics

Update. Not much luck in the past month. Since the incubator is in my barn Temps need to be steady and above freezing. Im sure inside it would work amazing. My second attempt. 7 out of 24 eggs so far and still going. Temps are above 40f at night and mid 60s during the day. Working great!

Attachments

• 20210315_101907.jpg
    20210315_101907.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 5
Update. Not much luck in the past month. Since the incubator is in my barn Temps need to be steady and above freezing. Im sure inside it would work amazing. My second attempt. 7 out of 24 eggs so far and still going. Temps are above 40f at night and mid 60s during the day. Working great!
Issues I have found is ambient temp is important. Must be steady. I will post more pics this week im locking down another 11 eggs tonight

Back
Top Bottom