Incubator has been on 65% most of incubation

What incubator are you using? Do you have a separate humidity tester and temp tester? Some incubators can be off and give you the wrong info. Are you rotating them correctly? At what stage did your eggs die last hatch? This will give you some idea of what could have went wrong.
28 died last hatch. I kept humidity at 50-55 for the first 18 days and then 60-65 the last days. I have no idea what incubator. I lost the manual. But it reads off a "screen" for the humidity and temp. It rotates the eggs every 2 hours. I had a 50% hatch last time. I havee 9 chicks hatching right now.

i wouldnt worry if you can see a defined airpocket .. the small auto incubator with air circulator i got on ebay was very hard to control the humidity at 50% and stayed close to 75 with any water in it at all .. with no water it wanted to be like 30% .. so i just filled the 'inner trough' and let it eat at 75ish .. they came out fine ..
Thank you! Mine are all activly moving/popping and hatching right now! Day 19 right now and 9 close to hatch.

Well thats great. Id still buy a separate humidity/temp reader so you can be sure youre getting an accurate read. I would still try to lower your humidity to at least 40. Thats great that they are hatching! How many didnt make it to hatch this time? 28 is alot to loose. How many did you start with?
28 died last hatch. I kept humidity at 50-55 for the first 18 days and then 60-65 the last days. I have no idea what incubator. I lost the manual. But it reads off a "screen" for the humidity and temp. It rotates the eggs every 2 hours. I had a 50% hatch last time. I havee 9 chicks hatching right now.

Back
Top Bottom