Incubator/Hatcher this any good?

EdgeC

Songster
Aug 5, 2023
So I have been raising chicks/chickens for a few years now. I kind have been buying pullets from the local feed stores and I was wanting to cut them out/increase meat production for canning/jarring. My neighbor was starting up a business and through bad blood wanted out. He has these, said they have worked for him and he has raised 400 chicks out of them. Other than that he has kept them in storage (notice the dust). He had the boxes, the paperwork all the extra buckets for water so I don't have to add water... has all of the hatching trays... bands and some extra accessories.

I really don't know anything about these except from what I see on google. Anyone know about these... he is asking for 1k for everything. Says I am doubling my money. I have everything put up at my house and everything seems to be working flawlessly I just really don't know if this is a good deal or if these are even good incubators.

Any advice on these/opinions etc welcome. Thanks
Edit: (Ignore the Crack on the bucket of the first photo, scared me... was my dogs hair.)
I still need to dust everything off, testing now.
Hatcher.jpg
Incubator.jpg

I looked and could not find the rules regarding a double post... I just wanted to update this post. I ended up purchasing them, I am still not sure if it was a good deal. I am new to incubating... so correct me if I am wrong. I am supposed to start the eggs in the incubator and the last 3 days I have the hatcher running at a higher humidity rate for the chickens to hatch out. I can then use both in conjunction like a assembly line... ending in a brooder after they dry out in the hatcher? Correct?

The item came pre-set up (bought from a neighbor). It is stable at what it recommends the temp and the humidity is at 55% for the incubator part. This is all correct right?

I have not started the hatcher yet, I assume it will all work out of the box so to speak like the incubator. If I am right about all my research so far... what would the optimal humidity of the hatcher be?

Any other advice? I still don't know anything about any machines... kind of was a impulse buy as it seemed like it was a good deal. (at 1k usd total, for both units and all accessories and this hatching pad paper stuff) Everything was included. Is it a reliable brand?

This is my opinion though. But fingers crossed it works out.
He is selling because he had a bad outing with a business partner who did not want to buy his chickens he had raised and he just wants to quickly recoop some of his investment. The device holds 270 eggs, so him raising 400 was done over the span of a few months to a year max. I have the unit put together... everything is running and working as is supposed to (if you read my post). Also if you look at the photos it tells you the product and model number. is is a CQF 1502 sportsman with built in fan/electric thermostat... I can not find the exact item because they are different front doors. The ones on google show fully see through screen and the older ones have a solid screen which this one does not either. It is a hybrid. Solid wood/rim with seals to keep in the air. But the middle is a see through screen. So you have both the wood and the screen.

Also if there was something wrong... I am his neighbor.
door.jpg

humidity.jpg

Last edited:
He is selling because he had a bad outing with a business partner who did not want to buy his chickens he had raised and he just wants to quickly recoop some of his investment. The device holds 270 eggs, so him raising 400 was done over the span of a few months to a year max. I have the unit put together... everything is running and working as is supposed to (if you read my post). Also if you look at the photos it tells you the product and model number. is is a CQF 1502 sportsman with built in fan/electric thermostat... I can not find the exact item because they are different front doors. The ones on google show fully see through screen and the older ones have a solid screen which this one does not either. It is a hybrid. Solid wood/rim with seals to keep in the air. But the middle is a see through screen. So you have both the wood and the screen.

Also if there was something wrong... I am his neighbor.
Well sorry I guess.

Well sorry I guess.
No I get it, it was my first thought... but I know his story and didn't want to really share his private information. I have tested it, I know they 100% work now and I have learned the basics on what to do. Thank you for your concern.

Back
Top Bottom