incubator heat bulb placement suggestion?

muans

Chirping
Aug 4, 2020
i am in an urgent since my last homemade incubator is not accurate so i'll post it here too..i am building anew homemade incubator with a styrofaom cooler and the size is 1feet 3inche long, 1 ft wide, 1 feet tall..it is supposed to be a still air incubator and i have a dimmer switch for regulating the temperature..so can anyone suggest me where i will place the eggs, heat bulb, bowl of water with a sponge...i do also have a fan but it's a little big for this new incubator i am working on now

here's the photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    377.6 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 15
I’m no expert, but maybe towards the bottom since heat rises? I think the heat will spread better that way.

No, at the bottom facing in from the side or up from the base. I would be concerned if you put it on top, heat won’t fall to the bottom.
i get that i will put it on the bottom side end and let the fan blow the heating bulb across..would that be fine?

I'd put my light on the very bottom, put a cooling rack or hardware cloth or something of the sort above the heat source, perhaps just under your viewing window, as a second 'level' to your incubator, which will hold the eggs. Of course you will then need access to the bottom portion of your incubator in order to add water...but thats just what I did. There will probably be room in the bottom part for a fan as well.

Sorry I just gotta ask. Can you tell me why in the world you are using a homemade incubator when they can be had for pretty inexpensive? Seems like such a waste plus if you spend good money on eggs to hatch and you mess it up with a redneck incubator how far ahead are you really at the end of the day.

Sorry I just gotta ask. Can you tell me why in the world you are using a homemade incubator when they can be had for pretty inexpensive? Seems like such a waste plus if you spend good money on eggs to hatch and you mess it up with a redneck incubator how far ahead are you really at the end of the day.
I think he lives in an area of another country where it is difficult and pricey to buy that sort of thing.

I can probably fit 2 dozen eggs in my home made incubator. And I find it reliable, and I have the time to manually turn my eggs, and monitor them a few times throughout the day. Mine is better than a bottom line incubator.

Back
Top Bottom