Incubator Help dont know how it works!

Smokey2201

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 12, 2014
Hi, I have a Pro Series Circulated Air Incubator, model 4200, from Farm Innovators. The directions aren't very clear on how it works. It is my first time using this incubator. I am supposed to put water in the bottom of it? Where am I supposed to put the little thermometer that comes with it? If anyone has one and knows how it works please help. Also if you have any advice on hatching chicks for the first time would be appreciated. Thanks!

I've been using this same 'bator for a year or so now. The best thing I did was invest in a seperat thermometer/hydrometer. I dont' even pay attention to the built in one!

There are a couple of methods to hatching. Some people will 'dry hatch', which basicly doesn't add water until lockdown (this is how I do it). Others add water throughout and maintain a set humidity throughout.

If I remember correctly you put the thermometer that came with it inside and the (while comparing the internal and the attached mounted thermometer) adjust the dial on the front to fond the correct temp. you will have to adjust and then wait awhile to see where it stabilizes the temp and then repeat until it is holding the desired temp. There are channels int he bottom below the wire that you can fill with water and it should hold a steady 50-60% humid

Ok Thank you soo much! I have just put in the eggs! I can't wait to see if theyll hatch!

Back
Top Bottom