incubator ideas! post your ideas for home made incubators, whether they work or not~

starting to feel a bit lonely... hello? anyone online? :hmm

You could place the heating element on top, and the wafer thermostat would be fine on the side of the incubator. One thing you might want to do, is use the Bi-metal thermostat, as they don't require a new wafer every year, and they work great. Here is a great video about how they work, and how well they work. They are also only 15 dollars, and have free shipping. You could place the fan on the back side of the incubator, and that would work fine.

starting to feel a bit lonely... hello? anyone online? :hmm

No need to feel lonely. But I realize sometimes it feels like there is an "echo" because people don't respond.
thumbsup.gif
But we are here. Some of us are "stuck" being inside, even though we'd love to be outside making gadgets and working on coops! (me for example, due to lungs and pollen counts)
hit.gif
But at least posts like yours and the others regarding building incubators is helping me deal with being "house bond".
old.gif

Can you tell me more about the photo of the cabinet? What's it look like inside?

I've collected a couple tubs and screening to make myself some brooding tubs for coming chicks and ducklings. Was planning on working on them today, but right now my fingers are the only thing that gets to do any walking without me going unconscience (whimpy lungs
old.gif
) since birth & right now the "air quality" in reference to pollen is high and I'm struggling to breathe!

DId I mention this sucks!
he.gif
So please Please keep up the posts! Its my lifeline to sanity
caf.gif
and
ya.gif
conscience "exercise" of at least one part of my body (my brain, at least).

Sincerely Anisah in South Dakota

Last edited:
Anyone else look at furniture and think about how it can be turned int an incubator? I have this beautiful pie safe that one minute I am thinking how to alter it, and the next trying to talk myself out of it. It is a very nice cabinet and pretty expensive.

Save the Pie Safe
fl.gif
just go to a resale/reuse store and pick up a cheap - dresser, end table or ? to be your next bator. If you don't want the old pie safe - I'll gladly take it off your hands - lol

Back
Top Bottom