Incubator in Garage or un-heated building?

sega

Songster
10 Years
Aug 6, 2010
Ludowici, GA.
I am wondering if anyone keeps their incubator in a Garage or an un-heated storage building? I have a GQF Sportman with digital controls and auto watering system. I am thinking about putting it in my garage for my next hatch. I am wondering if due to the garage not being heated will the incubator be able to maintain a steady temp during the hatching process.

That's going to depend on the temperature in your area. Here's what GQF has to say about the subject as pertains to their current cabinet incubators.

The location of the incubator is important to successful operation. A thermostatically controlled room temperature between 75 F to
80 F (24 C to 27 C) degrees with fresh air without drafts is ideal. Room temperatures from 55 F to 90 F (13 C to 32 C) are acceptable
but good temperature control in the incubator is obtained when the room temperature is held within a few degrees.

In the summertime I operate my 1202 model which uses the wafer thermostat near an open window where the temperature might range as much as 30 degrees difference
between day and night and have no problems.

In the summertime the day and night temperatures are higher than this time of the year. I have used my Sportsman in my garage in the winter in Florida and the daytime high was in the 50's and 60's but the night temps was in the 30's and upper 20's. I have a digital thermostat, we replace the wafer. I did put a blanket over it as I was having trouble maintaining the correct temp. I thought about getting a water heater jacket, but wasn't sure it would fit.

My incubator and hatcher are in a pole barn out back in the winter I don't usually hatch but when I do I just cover them with plastic seems to work out well , both are cabinet style GQF units.

Back
Top Bottom