INCUBATOR ISSUE WHAT DO I DO!!??

Apr 2, 2023
hi, i have put different eggs in an incubator at different times. some are older and more developed than others. the first egg that i put in is about to be in the lockdown period but the newer eggs still need to be rotated (it is not automatic) i dont know whether i should risk not rotating the fresher eggs or risk the shrinkwrap. when the first egg hatches the second egg will be on locked down and so on so effectively when the first egg goes on lockdown the fresher eggs will not be rotated until all the previous eggs hatch if i want to avoid shrink wrap
this is really stupid of me! another question: when i next incubate eggs how long will eggs keep if i want to collect all 10 eggs before i put them in the incubator, assuming 1 egg a day? will they last 10 days?

Last edited:
hi, i have put different eggs in an incubator at different times. some are older and more developed than others. the first egg that i put in is about to be in the lockdown period but the newer eggs still need to be rotated (it is not automatic) i dont know whether i should risk not rotating the fresher eggs or risk the shrinkwrap. when the first egg hatches the second egg will be on locked down and so on so effectively when the first egg goes on lockdown the fresher eggs will not be rotated until all the previous eggs hatch if i want to avoid shrink wrap
this is really stupid of me! another question: when i next incubate eggs how long will eggs keep if i want to collect all 10 eggs before i put them in the incubator, assuming 1 egg a day? will they last 10 days?
10 days will be fine
They say after that fertility in the egg goes down
But I have incubated and hatched eggs 21 days after
As for lockdown how young will the egg be on first lockdown ?
You won’t shrink wrap with no external pip so you can continue to turn those eggs until that happens then stop let baby hatch and continue turning till next external pip
Don’t lift lid off completely just enough to get your hand in
I had the room I was in warmed up
You can also spritz water in the bator to keep it from dropping when lid is open

I have another issue is this egg ok to incubate, it is 9 days old and has been kept at room temp.
image.jpg
It has wierd freckle bits

I have another issue is this egg ok to incubate, it is 9 days old and has been kept at room temp. View attachment 3454916It has wierd freckle bits
If you really want to incubate it, I'd try it and see how it goes. Looks like normal egg variation to me. Some shells can be sort of wonky. I personally wouldn't incubate an egg with a weird shell, since I wouldn't want a chicken who laid more of those type of eggs, but if you like this shell, go for it.

ok , will it still be fertile at 9 days old
it will still be fertilized it is just a bit of a lesser % that it will develop. But you don't want to continue to add eggs to your incubator with some going in lockdown. It makes it way too hard, as you are seeing to turn them and do what needs to be done with some hatching and some just starting. staggered hatches are not the best. I would hold off and wait till all these hatch and start collecting fresh ones now that you can add once the ones in there hatch.

Back
Top Bottom