1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator issues

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by alasmith32, Mar 31, 2009.

1. alasmith32

alasmith32 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Madera, Ca
    Hi,
    I am having some trouble regulating the heat in my incubator. I have an LG 9200 still air and from what I have read I am to keep the temp at 102 degrees at the top of the eggs. I have been doing this but the temp half way up the egg is only about 95. If I try to bring the temp up to 99 degrees at the halfway point the temp at the top of the eggs gets way to high. Is there some way to regulate this? I am having fits over this! Thanks!

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I just go by the temp at the hight of the eggs , it veries. If you can get ahold of a fan kit for it or go and get a computer fan and a cell phone charger that would help with circulateing the air .
    GOOD LUCK

3. alasmith32

alasmith32 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2009
    Madera, Ca
    Thanks. I am waiting on a new incubator but they have been slow to ship it. Warehouse problems... I can't wait to not use this darn Lg any more. It's driving me insane.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    that is why I love my Hovabators! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by