Incubator Location ?????

CK Chickadilly

Songster
11 Years
Sep 11, 2008
West Michigan
I am finally going to get my bator but I have a goofy question as to where to put it.
tongue.png

I know they say not to put it in the barn cause of fluctuating temps. So we live in a older house that has goofed up wiring & so many of the plugs are all wire together so when you get to much going....POOF! Not good for an incubator! So the DH this past summer put in a special plug in my bathroom that I can run anything on.

The question is, if it is located in the bathroom, will one shower a day produce to much humidity for the bator if the door is kept open? Does that make sense?

I really don't want it in the bathroom but I have no other safe place to put it, especially with 6 crazy dogs & messed up plugs....
he.gif

ANy input would be helpful....thanks!
wink.png

I have an old house too and its been a little difficult with the temps, I have to check it often. My incubators are in my room. The other thing with the wiring being kind of iffy, its a good idea to have a surge protector. Not sure how much it helps but it sure cant hurt.

I don't think the humidity would affect it that badly. If it does cause it to rise, it should not go up to badly. You could make sure the vent holes are unplugged while you are in there, if it seems to be a problem. This would allow for better air circulation, making more humidity escape.

Yes your bathroom should be ok, just keep a check on the humidity. May even help as trouble with the smaller incubator is getting the humidity up to 60%.

Mine is in our spare bathroom where we do not shower. Its not fully installed yet and it is working really well so far.

Back
Top Bottom