Incubator lost power temp down to 70 any chance these will hatch?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by southdakota, Apr 11, 2012.

1. southdakota

southdakota Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2010
    I came home today and went to move the eggs to the hatcher. The incubator had failed and the temperature inside the bator is down to 70..the eggs feel cool to the touch. They are three days away from hatching. I tried searching the forums but could not find this topic. Is there any chance these eggs might still hatch? I moved them into the bator as quickly as I could. I don't know how long the incubator had been without heat. It was at 100.5 last night and the red light was on this morning.

2. Feather Head

Feather Head Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Newport North Carolina
    Same thing happend to me but mine only got down to 82 only 4 out of 24 eggs hatched. They are doing great so don't give up . good luck

3. judsenn

judsenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    I had my temperture drop in the bator, but the eggs were only a few days in...But i'd suggest to Candle them before you lockdown and see if there is movement, at least seeing moving peeps might settle your nerves a liitle. :) Either way, you'll find out in 3-4 days. Good luck.

4. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    I forgot to turn my incubator back on after candeling them 1 night just before I moved them to the hatcher. I didn't notice till morning. When I did notice the incubator was 72 degrees. I went ahead and moved the eggs set to hatch to the hatcher and had the best hatch I have ever had with my araucana eggs. All but 3 hatched out of 40.

Lanae

5. Feather Head

Feather Head Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2012
    Newport North Carolina
    How did your hatch do ? The ones that incubator got cold down to 70 i think ...? Did they hatch ok ?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by