Incubator purchase dilemma

Opa

Opa-wan Chickenobi
12 Years
May 11, 2008
Howell Michigan
I have the opportunity to purchase either a rcom 20, a GQF Sportsman, or a Roll-X incubator. They all sound good. Any opinions as which to buy?

Last edited:
i love my sportsman,, but would rather have the older model,, they have better rack system,,,, but other then that i LOVE it
big_smile.png

I'd say it might depend on how many eggs you want to hatch. The Rcom 20 holds 20 chicken eggs. The Roll-X holds 89 according to their literature, and the Sportsman will hold up to 270. Also consider the overall size of the unit and where you plan to put it.
I use 3 Sportsman 1202s and a 1250 hatcher and I love them. These are the older units that use the wafer thermostats and I am very happy with their performance.
db

the new sportsman holds 288 chicken eggs,, regular size eggs,, i kept going by the lit. numbers,, and it kept messing me up,, till i figured out the racks hold 48 eggs each, and theres 6 of em
roll.png
,, im such a wiz at #'s
wink.png

but the new ones dont have the "walls" on the back and front of the turning racks,, so i need to buy the "hatching trays" so i can hatch all the same time
sad.png

go for the sportsman. We have two now. Some people don't like them because of the size but that was why we bought ours. The first one totaly paid for itself in less than 6 months thru chick sales.

Steve in NC

Back
Top Bottom