Incubator Question???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tripp, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Tripp

Tripp Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2008
    Munford, TN
    Is there an incubator that does not have to be inside in a controled climate?? If there is what is it called and where could I find one?
    The wife says no more incubators inside lol so I got to look for other avenues..

Thanks for looking!

Tripp

2. txhomegrown

txhomegrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2010
    Como, TX
    Quote:The only one that I have heard about that does not need to be inside in a controlled environment is called a broody hen. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  3. Tripp

Jun 4, 2008
    Munford, TN
    LOL yea i know about that one and i talked to my hens bout that and they just wont
    help a brother out! I even tried to bribe them still nothing????

4. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I used a coupla homebuilts and a hova bator all last summer in an uninsulated un cooled shed with good hatches on quail I only hatch chickens for family a coupla times a year. I just had a 15/15 on chickens hatch

5. Tripp

Jun 4, 2008
    Munford, TN
    cool I have tried the hova bator outside and no good but I will see what i can do to get it to work

6. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Did it have a fan? A hova bator with a fan should work as long as the temps are not extreme.

7. Chikndinner

Chikndinner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Why no more incubating inside? I could see it with a brooder but a bator does not take up too much room and is pretty quiet most of the time. If my wife told me that and would not allow me to indulge in that small pleasure then I would tell her to go sleep in the garage. Don't you have a basement or laundry room or utility room or something?

8. Tripp

Jun 4, 2008
    Munford, TN
    Yea the only reason she dont want me to hatch anymore is cause the smell on hatch day. I do have an extra room and that is where i do my hatching
    but I have company every weekend lol brother and his fiance and cousin and just always have company so thats why I dont hatch in there any more
    and wanted to look for an alternative lol...

Tripp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by