Incubator Question?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by poultry guy, Feb 16, 2012.

1. poultry guy

poultry guy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2011
    Hi just as future info i liked to know
    1. Whats the difference between still air and circulated air incubators? is one better than the other? [​IMG]
    2. Based on experience whats the best incubator? [​IMG]
    3. and just plain out what should i do and were should i go when looking for a incubator? [​IMG]
    i want to be able to hatch about 20 eggs at a time.

2. jt813

jt813 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    the circulated air is so the warm air thats the right tempature goes throughout the incubator and their arent cold or hotter spots as a good place to get an incubator i would go to incubatorwarehouse.com i really like them

3. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    I like forced air incubators the best...the chicks dry faster and I agree with above it circulates the air around for no cold spots...I love my hovabator.

4. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    yeah with still air the temp needs to be 101 and with fan forced then its 99.5 cause the fan circulates the temp and air
    i took my old still air and use it for the lockdown and then i bought two fan forced ones but sadly one of the fan ones died after a few days of having it on i was just testing it so now its a still air with a broken fan lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by