incubator qusetion

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by berkeleysprings, Feb 18, 2009.

1. berkeleysprings

berkeleysprings Chillin' With My Peeps

anyone know the differance between the little giant 9200 and the 1602n. i am looking to buy a incubator under 100 bucks with a turner. any ideas
    please send me a message if u know?my spelling is bad... i am a carpenter lol lol . well i was till i got laid off. now id like to sell chicks ( baby chickens )

2. the_eagle69

the_eagle69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Far SW VA
    the 9200 is a still air model (no fan to move the air around) i have 2 of thelm and may put on a third soon. i had very good luck last year with the first one. i have not used the 1602n tho but just from looking at it on the web site they look about the same the 1602n might be just a little bit better.

3. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:They are both still air.

The Hova is generally preferred. Temperature adjustment is notoriously difficult (sensitive) on the LG. Apart from that, they perform the same, are made pretty much the same and are very similar in price.

Neither is much good, but both work.

It's difficult, this one. By their nature, small, still air incubators are the most difficult for beginners to get good results from. Better specified, larger incubators are MUCH easier to use, but they cost a lot more.

I would recommend to everyone that they, if funds allow, look to buy a good used incubator of the best quality they can get.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by