Incubator recommendations?

Willow2253

Crowing
Dec 6, 2019
Eastern Oregon
I've been trying to hatch chicks under a broody this spring, but so far we've had very little success. The first hatch only a couple of chicks hatched, and none of them ended up making it. This time around, only 1 out of 7 eggs has development, but the hen keeps leaving the nest for long periods of time and I've found the eggs cool to the touch more than once. So I've decided to invest in an incubator.
I'm looking for recommendations for good tabletop incubators that are around or under $200. I would prefer 12+ egg capacity. The more user friendly the better, too, as I'm a beginner with incubating. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've been trying to hatch chicks under a broody this spring, but so far we've had very little success. The first hatch only a couple of chicks hatched, and none of them ended up making it. This time around, only 1 out of 7 eggs has development, but the hen keeps leaving the nest for long periods of time and I've found the eggs cool to the touch more than once. So I've decided to invest in an incubator.
I'm looking for recommendations for good tabletop incubators that are around or under $200. I would prefer 12+ egg capacity. The more user friendly the better, too, as I'm a beginner with incubating. Any help is greatly appreciated.
The Nurture Right 360! I just got mine and it is amazing! It costs about $130. Highly reccomend it. It's awesome!

The Nurture Right 360! I just got mine and it is amazing! It costs about $130. Highly reccomend it. It's awesome!
I have looked at that one a little bit, but I haven’t been able to figure out where to actually buy it. The only place I can find that carries it is tractor supply, but the closest one is like 100 miles away and they won’t deliver to my house.

I have looked at that one a little bit, but I haven’t been able to figure out where to actually buy it. The only place I can find that carries it is tractor supply, but the closest one is like 100 miles away and they won’t deliver to my house.
That's the exact same problem I had! I took a little road trip and drove an hour away to a TSC that had one in stock. I would try calling manna pro who bought the line. Ask them about it. That was what I was going to do next.

That's the exact same problem I had! I took a little road trip and drove an hour away to a TSC that had one in stock. I would try calling manna pro who bought the line. Ask them about it. That was what I was going to do next.
I may have to look into that if I decide I want to go with the nurture right. Driving 2 hours and crossing state lines doesn’t sound very appealing these days.

I may have to look into that if I decide I want to go with the nurture right. Driving 2 hours and crossing state lines doesn’t sound very appealing these days.
Let me know if you call them. The Incuview is another good one, but the price is higher. I also like the way the NR looks better personally.

I’ve emailed manna pro and I’ll report back if they get back to me in the next couple of days. I also found someone on Craigslist selling a new nurture right in box with 2 dozen fertile eggs, though it’s slightly overpriced and I’m not totally sure when I’ll be near their location next. If I don’t hear back in a couple of days I may just bite the bullet and make the trip to get the Craigslist one. I’ve been looking for some of the breeds that they’ll be including anyways so it may be worth it.

I’ve emailed manna pro and I’ll report back if they get back to me in the next couple of days. I also found someone on Craigslist selling a new nurture right in box with 2 dozen fertile eggs, though it’s slightly overpriced and I’m not totally sure when I’ll be near their location next. If I don’t hear back in a couple of days I may just bite the bullet and make the trip to get the Craigslist one. I’ve been looking for some of the breeds that they’ll be including anyways so it may be worth it.
Thats good! I'll be interested in their reply. That's cool about the CL one. Maybe they'll bring down the price a little. 2 dozen fertile eggs won't fit in it though, it only holds 22 max. Keep me posted! :)

I know, I was wondering why they were selling it with 24 eggs when it only fits 22 lol. Maybe I’ll have a broody I can stick a couple under. I have one now but her baby is due to hatch right around the time I’ll be able to head over there.

I know, I was wondering why they were selling it with 24 eggs when it only fits 22 lol. Maybe I’ll have a broody I can stick a couple under. I have one now but her baby is due to hatch right around the time I’ll be able to head over there.
Yeah, kinda odd. You could actually store the extra 2 in a cool room, and then if any quit you can just replace them.

Back
Top Bottom