Incubator recommendations?

RoyalFundyFarm

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2015
Hello all,

I’m looking for recommendations for a good chicken/duck egg incubator under $300, preferably available to order from amazon.ca as I’m located in Canada.
I’ve been browsing at the incubators that are available from amazon but there are so many to choose from, I’m not sure what ones work the best.

What would you recommend??

Hello all,

I’m looking for recommendations for a good chicken/duck egg incubator under $300, preferably available to order from amazon.ca as I’m located in Canada.
I’ve been browsing at the incubators that are available from amazon but there are so many to choose from, I’m not sure what ones work the best.

What would you recommend??
How many eggs are you wanting to hatch? I'm not sure if you can get them there, but I got a NR 360 a couple months ago and it is the most incredible incubator. I love it. It's so easy to run and maintains temp and humidity perfectly. It is clear so super easy to see through, and auto turns up to 22 eggs. Also has a built in egg candler.

You could build a small wooden cabinet incubator for less than $100 and it will be more reliable than any of the store bought incubators that I've come across. It is pretty simple, honestly.

I’m using the Brinsea Octagon Eco 20 and have never had more stable temps. I don’t know much about them other than my experience. Humidity fluctuations occur, but don’t go too low for me. I use humidity strips. The rotator works well but since the rotator is external, you have to ensure you seat the incubator properly on it and don’t let it become obstructed.

I’m slightly skeptical about relying only on the alcohol in glass thermometer that came with it, so I’ve calibrated an Escali AHB1 NSF “instant” thermometer that works quite well. I have also used the “commercial” Escali AHB1 which is quite close to the instant, but the commercial is smaller, much harder to read, and since the radius of the face is so small, it’s hard for my accuracy OCD to handle the lack of very minuscule adjustment validation.

How many eggs are you wanting to hatch? I'm not sure if you can get them there, but I got a NR 360 a couple months ago and it is the most incredible incubator. I love it. It's so easy to run and maintains temp and humidity perfectly. It is clear so super easy to see through, and auto turns up to 22 eggs. Also has a built in egg candler.
My NR 360 was good for the first hatch. Now, hygrometer and egg turner stopped working.

My NR 360 was good for the first hatch. Now, hygrometer and egg turner stopped working.
Have you called the company? Did you tip the lid upside down? Apparently that messes up the hydrometer. Sorry you're having problems with it. I've had 5 hatches in mine so far, all 100% hatches. I'm quite impressed with it.

Back
Top Bottom