Incubator Reviews

kev_67

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2021
Hi Everyone
I'm after people's opinion and what incubators they are using so many good or bad one out there and have heard so many stories any help would be great.
Thanks
Kevin

The first incubator I bought was a cheap one from Amazon called," Good Mother Auto incubator." I took out the round thing that spins the tray forward and back, because it could only fit 6 eggs. I zip tied a plastic dozen egg carton on the tray instead and manually lift the sides up on a book in the morning. evening and before I go to sleep. I placed a tenp/humidity gauge inside and use an injection needle to put water in without opening the top. I keep the humidity at 60. This incubator is good for mail order eggs, because it keeps the eggs pointy side down, so it helps with air displacement caused by shipping..

I also have an Advanced Brinsea 2 incubator, this one is good for home grown eggs. In addition, I bought a Chinese manufactured one that can roll about 24 eggs, and it has a built in light on top to check fertility. This one is good for lock down because it has a lot of head and room space for them to walk around. I zipped tied a cotton cord along the bottom tray to prevent the eggs from rolling around during lock down. The eggs automatically spin on roller bars, so its not good for mail order eggs.

If you plan on hatching mail-order eggs, you need the type of incubator that holds the eggs pointy side down and automatically tilts the eggs in an angle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom