Incubator temperature - should i restart days count

Mrsbear21

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2023
I bought a separate temp and humidity reader. My incubator has only been running at 33 deg/ 91.4 deg and it's day 3.

Will this have started incubation, ruined the eggs or is it possible to restart and put up temp or are the eggs okay and keep going as it with higher temp?

Thanks everyone

Are you sure your new one is right as in did you test it somewhere else? We found our new thermometer/hygrometer (Govee) was off by .5F so didn't care too much about it but a different one we have was off by 1F. I have like 5 of them and had to put stickers on the backs of them to keep track.

If truly your incubator was at 91.4 for 3 days, I would keep going with it. I found this article on Brinsea that doesn't sound as optimistic but they don't say for how many days so I wonder if that's assuming it's the entire 21 days. Oh, and yes, if you were truly running that low, I do not know the calculations but I'd figure you'd need to add 1 day perhaps to make it 22.

Here's what I read from Brinsea: Below 35°C (95°F) no embryo is likely to survive to hatch. Typically the heart is enlarged and the head development more advanced than the trunk and limbs.

That is here if you want to read more: https://brinsea.co.uk/latest/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/What-if-the-power-goes-off-2010.pdf

Are you sure your new one is right as in did you test it somewhere else? We found our new thermometer/hygrometer (Govee) was off by .5F so didn't care too much about it but a different one we have was off by 1F. I have like 5 of them and had to put stickers on the backs of them to keep track.

If truly your incubator was at 91.4 for 3 days, I would keep going with it. I found this article on Brinsea that doesn't sound as optimistic but they don't say for how many days so I wonder if that's assuming it's the entire 21 days. Oh, and yes, if you were truly running that low, I do not know the calculations but I'd figure you'd need to add 1 day perhaps to make it 22.

Here's what I read from Brinsea: Below 35°C (95°F) no embryo is likely to survive to hatch. Typically the heart is enlarged and the head development more advanced than the trunk and limbs.

That is here if you want to read more: https://brinsea.co.uk/latest/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/What-if-the-power-goes-off-2010.pdf
Thank you for the information, I used every thermometer in the house so compare and the new one is more accurate than incubator built in one.

Fingers crossed they're okay. In the next month I'll buy a brinsea incubator. I also ordered govee as well to be a little more accurate.

Thank you for the information, I used every thermometer in the house so compare and the new one is more accurate than incubator built in one.

Fingers crossed they're okay. In the next month I'll buy a brinsea incubator. I also ordered govee as well to be a little more accurate.
The best thing I like about Govee is it has an app for your phone so you can check it even when not there, and alerts you can set on it should the temp or humidity go outside of the range you set on it.

Just FYI, we have a Nurture Right 360 and Brinsea 56 EX, and neither are accurate, but both let you change the temp, and if unplugged, both return to what you last had it at.

The best thing I like about Govee is it has an app for your phone so you can check it even when not there, and alerts you can set on it should the temp or humidity go outside of the range you set on it.

Just FYI, we have a Nurture Right 360 and Brinsea 56 EX, and neither are accurate, but both let you change the temp, and if unplugged, both return to what you last had it at.
That's great to know I'm about to get the Brinsea 56ex. I do want brinsea cabinet style but a little big for me at this stage.

Back
Top Bottom