Incubator temperature

chickychicka

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 16, 2012
Italy, Europe
Hi chickenlovers,
Is there anyone who can help me with this question? I've read that the temperature of the incubator needs to be at 37.5 degrees C, about 100 degrees F. Mine sits at 38.8-39C, about 101.8F and I've read that with 2 different thermometers (one of those digital). The eggs have been in there for about 36hours now. Is that too much? The eggs are chicken eggs.
Thanks so much!

It would not harm the embryos, but it may cause them to hatch out a day or 2 early. Ideally your temperature should be around 99-100*

I am not quite sure what "forced air" or "still air" means (it's a borrowed incubator) but it says "circulated air" on the incubator; it's a HovaBator 1588 and it has a fan; it also has a thermostat that is preset for 100F and states that the themostat is more accurate than a themometer, but as I used 2 different thermometers to check and those both showed the same result I was wondering.

I've had the hovabator for 2 hatches and I've got 3 additional mercury thermometers and 3 digital humidity gages and the 1588 reads different at different heights within the incubator, which is important for the eggs because they are down low!

Aha, you are saying heat rises. The eggs sit in a turner off the wire floor, and the thermometer sits at the same height; here's a picture.

Last edited:
I have a hova bator with turbo fan I keep temp at a good 99F and humid at 50% and day 19-21 humid goes to 68-70%
I use a hygrometer and a sensor thermometer

Back
Top Bottom