Incubator that I cant see through

SeaGal4

Chirping
Sep 4, 2018
Anyone have an incubator that you cant see inside? I'm borrowing one from a friend and this is the first time I wont be able to tell if theres hatching going on. Do you guys just let it go for a full day then peek inside? I'm so sad I cant watch this one!!

R2elk

Premium Feather Member
8 Years
Feb 24, 2013
Natrona County, Wyoming
My Coop
My Coop
Anyone have an incubator that you cant see inside? I'm borrowing one from a friend and this is the first time I wont be able to tell if theres hatching going on. Do you guys just let it go for a full day then peek inside? I'm so sad I cant watch this one!!
For many years, my cabinet incubator had a solid door. It wasn't until a few years ago that I made a see through panel for it. Prior to that time, I would open the door daily to check progress but often knew before opening the door that there were hatchlings inside due to the peeping.

ChickenCanoe

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Nov 23, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I have an old Sportsman with a solid door that one can't see into. The idea is to move the eggs to a hatcher with the ability to view at day 18/19.
In reality, if fertility, breeder nutrition, temperature, turning, humidity, et. al. are spot on, one doesn't have to watch. Pull the chicks at day 22. Curiosity killed the cat.

SeaGal4

Chirping
Sep 4, 2018
I have an old Sportsman with a solid door that one can't see into. The idea is to move the eggs to a hatcher with the ability to view at day 18/19.
In reality, if fertility, breeder nutrition, temperature, turning, humidity, et. al. are spot on, one doesn't have to watch. Pull the chicks at day 22. Curiosity killed the cat.
But dont they have 9 lives?! ;)

Top Bottom