Incubator Thermometer/Hygrometer???????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by gamblelover85, Aug 24, 2011.

1. gamblelover85

gamblelover85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Pahrump
    I keep researching but am coming up with mixed results. What is the best thermometer/ hygrometer for a hovabator? Is there really a big difference in digital and non? Any help would be greatly appreciated we need to get it as soon as possible. We have 20 A&M and 40 coturnix hatching eggs coming very soon. Thanks a bunch to anyone who can help with this.

2. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    Naaaaaaa it doesnt really matter. I have 2 of the cheapies from Ebay. As long as you calibrate it you should be fine.

3. gamblelover85

gamblelover85 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Pahrump
    Well all we have at the moment is some really old reptile thermometers and a hygrometer from when i owned snakes 10 years ago. I'm not sure you can even calibrate those. And we want to make this a full income business if we can so a good thermometer/hygrometer would be a great asset considering our incubator will be full all the time at least for the first year. I just want to know what is one of the best brands. It's so hard to find reliable customer evaluations on most of the sites that have temperature equipment specifically for incubators. We also need one that will fit inside with a full turner rack.

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

in my opinion .. the BEST would be the old fashioned wet bulb thermometer.. second best would be a hygrometer which can be adjusted (and properly calibrated)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by