Incubator trouble

judy mclean

Songster
9 Years
May 15, 2014
California
My eggs are on lockdown day 19 and I noticed my incubator losing heat of and on today. So I started up my other incubator and moved my eggs over to it now it has perfect humidity and temperature is this going to kill my chicks?

My eggs are on lockdown day 19 and I noticed my incubator losing heat of and on today. So I started up my other incubator and moved my eggs over to it now it has perfect humidity and temperature is this going to kill my chicks?
It depends how long and how extreme the temperature issue was. I find that low temperatures after 2 weeks of incubation don't usually kill the eggs, but it might delay the hatch a little. My best guess is that your eggs will be fine.

It depends how long and how extreme the temperature issue was. I find that low temperatures after 2 weeks of incubation don't usually kill the eggs, but it might delay the hatch a little. My best guess is that your eggs will be fine.
Thank you yes it kept dropping down to 36 only at day 19 it wouldn't keep the heat up so it worried me so I moved them

Back
Top Bottom