Incubator troubleshooting assistance needed

I have both of my vent plugs out for the whole duration of the hatch. I only cover my vents if I need to boost my humidity (or tap up the temp w/o adjusting that pain in the butt knob) and sense I started doing the dry hatches that's seldom except maybe at lockdown for a half hour just to get that rise. My last hatch went real well. I tend to go more by other's experiences more than manufacturer's instructions. They aren't always spot on. For instance most people with a still air will incubate at 99.5 F instead of the recommended (by experienced incubators) 102 F for a still air because the instructions recommend it.
idunno.gif

I hope you find out what is going on with it. I always blame unexplainable things on the "ghosts" and my 6 year old son w/o fail will say, "There's no such thing as ghosts, Sweetie." lol

That makes sense, you would need the extra venting if you are using it as a still air system. I'm using the forced air fan on mine and you are supposed to leave that bottom plug in, a lot of people advocate leaving both plugs in when using the forced air system.

Yes, there are a ton of experiences out there to read! I have a chicken bookmark list a mile long. There are actually quite a lot of resources for everything chickens. There are even free webinars from the CDC on chickens!

Ha! Sounds like he's calling you out on that!

You have a lovely profile pic!

That makes sense, you would need the extra venting if you are using it as a still air system. I'm using the forced air fan on mine and you are supposed to leave that bottom plug in, a lot of people advocate leaving both plugs in when using the forced air system.

Yes, there are a ton of experiences out there to read! I have a chicken bookmark list a mile long. There are actually quite a lot of resources for everything chickens. There are even free webinars from the CDC on chickens!

Ha! Sounds like he's calling you out on that!

You have a lovely profile pic!
I have a forced air. I was just using the temp on still air as an example. Ty that's my little Turken roo from my last hatch, and my son calls me out on a lot. lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom