Incubator - what to use as bottom?

tcooper23

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 5, 2010
Hi I've made a home made incubator which is working really well so far. It's made from styrofoam and currently at the bottom, there is the turning tray sitting. Eggs will go on lock down soon and I need to remove the tray and put something under the eggs..
I have seen so many people are using these wire mesh at the bottom which would be great but i'm really struggling to find an affordable piece ( i only need a really tiny piece for the bottom). Lowest i've seen is $15 for a few sheets and that's as small as it gets.
Does anyone know of any alternatives I can find at a general store or at home?
thanks!

Hi I've made a home made incubator which is working really well so far. It's made from styrofoam and currently at the bottom, there is the turning tray sitting. Eggs will go on lock down soon and I need to remove the tray and put something under the eggs..
I have seen so many people are using these wire mesh at the bottom which would be great but i'm really struggling to find an affordable piece ( i only need a really tiny piece for the bottom). Lowest i've seen is $15 for a few sheets and that's as small as it gets.
Does anyone know of any alternatives I can find at a general store or at home?
thanks!
Most hardware stores and feed mills will cut the length you need---sold by the foot. You might be able to find a small mesh cooling rack or find something in the office supply section that will work.

Back
Top Bottom