Incubator

catcornett

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2020
Received this incubator as a gift, not sure how to use it, goes by Celsius instead of F, can anyone suggest how to use please?

Attachments

• 1B069D55-927B-4D03-954F-0CD3BE7DA586.jpeg
    1B069D55-927B-4D03-954F-0CD3BE7DA586.jpeg
    641.2 KB · Views: 6
mayby look up and convert the temperatures from Celsius. this is what i found out.
37-38in celsius converts to 98-102 in Fahrenheit 39 degrees celcius converts to 104.4 fahrenheit. however you'll have to research that more as im in degrees celcius in australia.
goodluck :) , also if it has humidity you will have to check that as well because humidity has to also be a the right temp as well.

i would get a seperate temp/humidity gauge and go off of that ... from what ive seen those built in gauges are almost 'never' right and have the ability to be programmed and calibrated .. but you need a known good seperate unit to go off of .. i picked a digital one up on ebay with a low tolerance like +/-1% for about 12 bucks and then verified that against a 'stick' thermometer that i trust on temp anyway .. but yeah .. the built in ones can be inaccurate, my digital ebay incubator was about 3 full degrees off as it came .. that could spell doom to your hatchrates if you dont take it seriously ...

mayby look up and convert the temperatures from Celsius. this is what i found out.
37-38in celsius converts to 98-102 in Fahrenheit 39 degrees celcius converts to 104.4 fahrenheit. however you'll have to research that more as im in degrees celcius in australia.
goodluck :) , also if it has humidity you will have to check that as well because humidity has to also be a the right temp as well.
Thank you so much, I did get the temp figured out, but incubator is not heating up, I think it has a bad heater🙁

You are going to need the styrofoam top as well to keep the temperature even. I had one of those and it was all over the place, so do check and don't rely on what is showing on the display. The fan in those tend to be intense, so also watch humidity or the eggs could dry out too much. Happy hatching!!

ive only just started incubating and my incubator doesn't have the humitity just the temp. im no help to you sorry! my first experiment turned out terrible 40 eggs and no hatchings :/ . however the incubator its self doesnt feel hot when you put your hand in it. (i actually thought mine felt slightly warmed. i think your best bet is to get a new thermometer with the humiditor reading on it as well just to check.

Back
Top Bottom